DRESSING HOUR GLASS BODY SHAPE
You hour glass figures are the envy of almost all women, but it doesn't mean that dressing your figure is a Snap. If you’re one of the lucky ladies blessed with an hour glass body, you’ve got this characteristics;
- You’d describe your body as curvy
- You have a well-defined waist
- Your bust and hip measurements are roughly even
- You may have fuller bust, hips, and thighs
What is flattering for the hour glass shaped body?
You’ve got some killer curves to flaunt that'll attract a fair bit of attention every now and then. However, you don't want to draw attention to the wrong places, so it’s imperative that you dress right and opt for outfits that beautifully compliment your body type. Learning to play up the balance between your upper and lower halves and accent your small waist will serve you well.
The Best Dresses for Hour Glass Body Type
There are many styles of dresses that work perfectly for hourglass shapes.
- Bodycon dresses- Bodycon dresses are the perfect way to accentuate your curves; they hug your curves at both the bust and waist areas giving you an elongated appearance.
- Skater dresses- Skater dresses are tailor made for hourglass bodies and will lend an elegant touch to your look while also subtly complimenting those lovely curves.
- Wrap dresses- The wrap around dresses emphasizes on the waistline and accentuates your curves in the right way.
The Best Tops for hour glass Body Type
With hourglass shapes, it’s all about celebrating your waist and highlighting your neckline. Your power pieces include;
- Wrap tops and mock wraps- Wrap tops tend to draw attention to your waist without adding any extra volume to your bust area.
- Narrow and deep neck tops- Women with an hourglass body should opt for tops with narrow and deep necklines such as V-necks, sweethearts, scoop necks, boat necks, drape necks etc
- Peplum tops are great over slim-fitting bottoms.
- Tucking tops into your pants and skirts will slim down any top and create a perfect hourglass figure.
The Best Bottoms for Hour glass Body Type
- Pencil skirts- Ladies, there’s simply no better way to flaunt those vivacious curves than in a perfect figure hugging pencil skirt.
- Mermaid/flared/trumpet skirts –They are great because their mermaid shape complements your curves.
- Stretchy skinny jeans and leggings are perfect for showing off the curves of your hip and the taper of your leg, and work best when the inseam is a regular (not cropped) length.
- Flared pants- Flared pants work particularly well since the flare allows the bottom part of your leg to be proportionate to the width of your hips and create a longer, slimmer appearance for your legs.
Wearing darker colors on the bottom will make your overall look slimmer.
The Best Blazers for Hour glass Body Type
Look for jackets that show off your waist a classic trench, fitted blazers, cropped silhouettes and bomber jackets with elastic waistbands look amazing on you.
Please share your comments, more tips on how to dress the rectangle body shape as well as any questions you may have in the comment section.